[Ubuntu Wiki] Update of "Bugs/Importance" by mfisch
noreply at ubuntu.com
Wed Mar 7 18:52:36 UTC 2012
Dear Wiki user,
You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Ubuntu Wiki" for change notification.
The "Bugs/Importance" page has been changed by mfisch:
noting the difference between removable and non-removable network hardware per discussion with bdmurray and hggdh
* A bug that has a severe impact on a non-core application.
* A bug which impacts accessibility of a non-core application.
* A usability issue that does not limit the functionality of a core application.
- * A problem with a non-essential hardware component (network card, camera, webcam, music player, sound card, power management feature, printer, etc.)
+ * A problem with a non-essential hardware component (removable network card, camera, webcam, music player, sound card, power management feature, printer, etc.)
* '''High''': A bug which fulfills one of the following criteria:
* Has a severe impact on a small portion of Ubuntu users (estimated)
* Makes a default Ubuntu installation generally unusable for some users
* For example, if the system fails to boot, or X fails to start, on a certain make and model of computer
- * A problem with an essential hardware component (disk controller, laptop built-in wireless, video card, keyboard, mouse)
+ * A problem with an essential hardware component (disk controller, built-in networking, video card, keyboard, mouse)
* Has a moderate impact on a large portion of Ubuntu users (estimated)
* Prevents the application or any dependencies from functioning correctly at all
* Renders essential features or functionality of the application or dependencies broken or ineffective
More information about the Ubuntu-bugsquad