ProcMaps.txt may contain private information such as username

Fred . eldmannen at gmail.com
Mon Jul 30 18:20:16 UTC 2012

Yeah, users can look what is being submitted.
On one hand, the user really wants to submit that bug and help out.
On the other hand, the user does not want to reveal PII and compromise
his privacy.

The user is nice enough to take the time to report a bug, he it
putting in effort and time.
Why should he have to sacrifice his privacy too?

What reasonable actions can we take to prevent PII leakage?
If we cant get rid of all PII leakage, maybe we can at least reduce it.

What measures can we take to increase privacy, decrease PII leakage, while not
reducing the quality of the report?

Could $USER and $HOSTNAME be assigned something else to the Apport process?