ProcMaps.txt may contain private information such as username

Thomas Ward trekcaptainusa.tw at gmail.com
Fri Jul 27 17:27:58 UTC 2012

(For the record, "PII" means personally identifiable information, whether
computer-identifiable or otherwise)

As Andrea said, there is *tons* of other PII in reports, and having that
information can sometimes make a more complete bug report.  It is part of
the duties of those who analyze the private bugs which contain PII to
identify and remove such things before making a report public.

There's no way to remove every individual piece of PII automatically,
there's too many variations of what it would look like.  This is why people
who understand what *is* PII go through these reports.

Argue what you want, but I think you're beating a dead horse at this
point.  It's not likely this'll be implemented, in my opinion (nor do I
support automatic removal).