Bug Comment Idea

Charlie Kravetz cjk at teamcharliesangels.com
Sat May 21 00:18:16 UTC 2011

On Fri, 20 May 2011 16:25:27 -0700
Aaron Murray <emailme at aaronmurray.name> wrote:

> TO: Evan Huus <eapache at gmail.com>
> RE: Re: Bug Comment Idea
>
> Or ...
>
> ---
> Ubuntu:~/BugSquad$
> Learn how you can volunteer at
> http://wiki.ubuntu.com/BugSquad
>
> The "volunteer" status does not have to be implicitly stated, because if
> anybody is curious they will visit the web site anyway.
>
> I through in the "prompt" as I thought it was clever, but it could simply be
> "Ubuntu BugSquad" etc.
>
> -Aaron

Actually, it does need to be expicit that we are volunteers. That will
at least tell the reporters that we are *not* paid to look at these
bugs. The link to bugsquad documentation allows them to decide if they
would also like to volunteer, but without telling them directly, they
think you are either a robot or a paid employee.

--
Charlie Kravetz