Wifi buf solution

Mathieu Trudel-Lapierre mathieu.tl at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 15:26:32 UTC 2011

On Wed, Jul 20, 2011 at 7:10 AM, Ahmad Ali <ahmad.a.ali at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, i cant find the solution for, wifi issues with connection on
> battery, bug795273, whenever i disconnect the ac adapter, my wifi doesnt
> work.

That bug is already confirmed and being looked into. It will need
fixing in the wifi driver for you hardware, but in the meantime there
is a workaround:

Edit /usr/lib/pm-utils/power.d/wireless ; add "exit 0" at the very
beginning; right after the first "#!/bin/sh" line.

Alternatively, you could remove that file
(/usr/lib/pm-utils/power.d/wireless) completely.

What most likely happens is that while your system allows telling the
driver to go in powersave mode; but this has the driver react badly
and lose the connection (and I guess it can't establish one afterwards
either).

I'll update the bug accordingly.

Regards,

Mathieu Trudel-Lapierre <mathieu.tl at gmail.com>
Freenode: cyphermox, Jabber: mathieu.tl at gmail.com
4096R/EE018C93 1967 8F7D 03A1 8F38 732E  FF82 C126 33E1 EE01 8C93