Adding a Launchpad Tag

Brian Murray brian at ubuntu.com
Tue Jan 11 04:01:38 UTC 2011

On Mon, Jan 10, 2011 at 07:17:46PM -0500, RedSingularity wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
>     In a recent e-mail regarding the debugging of update-manager, I spoke with
> Michael Vogt about an issue with "official" tags to be used in launchpad.  In
> the email he suggested that we separate the regular system-update bugs from the
> distro-upgrade bugs via tags.  Now I understand we have tags for distro-upgrade
> bugs located here.  Problem is we need a tag, or tags, to say it was a bug
> encountered during a regular system-update.  Many bugs I work with have
> occurred during a system-update rather than a full upgrade and we don't have an
> "official" tag to mark the bug as such.

Do you have any examples of these bug reports?  I'm trying to understand
what particular kinds of bug reports we want to identify.  Are they bug
reports about update-manager encountered when installing package
updates?

> Would it be possible to add this tag?  What would be a proper name for
> the tag?  If we add the tag at all, the previously stated wiki page
> would need to be updated as well to include it.

Sure however there is a currently a Launchpad bug preventing the
official bug tags from being updated but we could add additional tags
once it is fixed.

--
Brian Murray
Ubuntu Bug Master