Ubuntu Translations bugday

Gabor Kelemen kelemeng at gnome.hu
Tue Aug 30 13:51:21 UTC 2011

Hi Bugsquad

First of all, I think I owe you an apology, because I proposed to
organize a bugday, which didn't happened. I'm sorry for that.

However, I have not given up on the topic, and this is the reason of
this mail. Can we have a bug day on Ubuntu Translations in one or two
weeks time?

Also, I talked to David Planella about the goal of such an event, and we
agreed that it is raising awareness about our project and bugs among
members of the bugsquad.
Small problem is, that we don't have that many untriaged bugs to start
with (<50). We have a good idea summed up in bug 487873[1], and
executing that could be a perfect task for a bug day, instead of the
usual triaging.

A quick search for bugs in Ubuntu containing the "translat" word results
about 1100 bugs, and I think there is quite a few translation problems
among them which are not on our radar yet. I think we should not try to
do triaging at the same time, going trough the list and deciding which
are the translation bugs is going to be a big enough task. This would
need a little change in the usual workflow, but I have some plans for
that, if you approve this.

Let us know what you think.

Regards
Gabor Kelemen

[1]: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-translations/+bug/487873 - Search
for translation bugs only reported in ubuntu and assign them to
ubuntu-translations