Bug Importance

C de-Avillez hggdh2 at ubuntu.com
Mon Aug 1 13:22:59 UTC 2011

On 07/29/2011 11:44 AM, Haneef Mubarak wrote:
> I am unable to set importance of a bug on Launchpad even though I
> am a member of BugSquad. Please help.

This is how it works. Please see [1], first paragraph:

"Ubuntu uses the following guidelines for assigning importance. The
importance of the bug signifies the priority that it should be given
by people fixing bugs. In order to set the Importance field of a bug
in Launchpad <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Launchpad>, you need to be a
member of UbuntuBugControl
<https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuBugControl> either through direct
membership or because of your membership in another team. The
importance of the bug should be set as soon as possible."

You should read [2] -- there you will find how we work with bugs in
Ubuntu. You should also subscribe to this mailing list.

Cheers,

..C..

[1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Bugs/Importance
[2]  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BugSquad/KnowledgeBase