[Ubuntu Wiki] Update of "Bugs/Responses" by yofel

Ubuntu Wiki noreply at ubuntu.com
Thu Apr 28 23:15:05 UTC 2011

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Ubuntu Wiki" for change notification.

The following page has been changed by yofel:
http://wiki.ubuntu.com/Bugs/Responses?action=diff&rev1=324&rev2=325

The comment on the change is:
natty -> oneiric

  Before using this, ''please'' check "rmadison <package>" to see if the package version has changed between when the bug was reported and the current development release.  If it has not changed, there is no need to ask.  If it has changed, check the changelog (via aptitude changelog $PKGNAME) to see if this issue has been specifically addressed.

- ||<tablestyle="background-color: #eee"> Thank you for taking the time to report this bug and helping to make Ubuntu better.  The issue that you reported is one that should be reproducible with the live environment of the Desktop CD of the development release - Natty Narwhal.  It would help us greatly if you could test with it so we can work on getting it fixed in the next release of Ubuntu.  You can find out more about the development release at http://www.ubuntu.com/testing/ .  Thanks again and we appreciate your help.||
+ ||<tablestyle="background-color: #eee"> Thank you for taking the time to report this bug and helping to make Ubuntu better.  The issue that you reported is one that should be reproducible with the live environment of the Desktop CD of the development release - Oneiric Ocelot.  It would help us greatly if you could test with it so we can work on getting it fixed in the next release of Ubuntu.  You can find out more about the development release at http://www.ubuntu.com/testing/ .  Thanks again and we appreciate your help.||

  == Missing a crash report or having a .crash attachment  ==

@@ -214, +214 @@

  ## Also we are actively promoting testing the development release of Ubuntu so something like this could be added:

- ## ||<tablestyle="background-color: #eee"> The issue that you reported is one that should be reproducible with the live environment of the Desktop CD of the development release - Natty Narwhal.  It would help us greatly if you could test with it so we can work on getting it fixed in the actively developed release.  You can find out more about the development release at http://www.ubuntu.com/testing/ ||
+ ## ||<tablestyle="background-color: #eee"> The issue that you reported is one that should be reproducible with the live environment of the Desktop CD of the development release - Oneiric Ocelot.  It would help us greatly if you could test with it so we can work on getting it fixed in the actively developed release.  You can find out more about the development release at http://www.ubuntu.com/testing/ ||

  == Packages not provided by Ubuntu ==
@@ -238, +238 @@

  The bug's state should become '''Fix Released''' and if the package qualifies for a [[https://wiki.ubuntu.com/StableReleaseUpdates#Procedure|Stable Release Update (SRU)]]:

- ||<tablestyle="background-color: #eee"> Thank you for taking the time to report this bug and helping to make Ubuntu better. However, I am closing it because the bug has been fixed in the latest development version of Ubuntu - Natty Narwhal.<<BR>><<BR>> This is a significant bug in Ubuntu.  If you need a fix for the bug in previous versions of Ubuntu, please do steps 1 and 2 of  the SRU Procedure [1] to bring the need to a developer's attention.<<BR>><<BR>>[1]: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/StableReleaseUpdates#Procedure||
+ ||<tablestyle="background-color: #eee"> Thank you for taking the time to report this bug and helping to make Ubuntu better. However, I am closing it because the bug has been fixed in the latest development version of Ubuntu - Oneiric Ocelot.<<BR>><<BR>> This is a significant bug in Ubuntu.  If you need a fix for the bug in previous versions of Ubuntu, please do steps 1 and 2 of  the SRU Procedure [1] to bring the need to a developer's attention.<<BR>><<BR>>[1]: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/StableReleaseUpdates#Procedure||

  The bug's state should become '''Fix Released''' and if the package does not qualify for a SRU because it is considered a minor bug and the package can be backported:

- ||<tablestyle="background-color: #eee"> Thank you for taking the time to report this bug and helping to make Ubuntu better. However, I am closing it because the bug has been fixed in the latest development version of Ubuntu - Natty Narwhal.<<BR>><<BR>> If you need a fix for the bug in previous versions of Ubuntu, please follow the instructions for "How to request new packages" at https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UbuntuBackports#request-new-packages ||
+ ||<tablestyle="background-color: #eee"> Thank you for taking the time to report this bug and helping to make Ubuntu better. However, I am closing it because the bug has been fixed in the latest development version of Ubuntu - Oneiric Ocelot.<<BR>><<BR>> If you need a fix for the bug in previous versions of Ubuntu, please follow the instructions for "How to request new packages" at https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UbuntuBackports#request-new-packages ||

  The bug's state should become '''Fix Released''' and if the package can not be backported:

- ||<tablestyle="background-color: #eee"> Thank you for taking the time to report this bug and helping to make Ubuntu better. However, I am closing it because the bug has been fixed in the latest development version of Ubuntu - Natty Narwhal. It won't be fixed in previous versions of Ubuntu because the package doesn't fit the requirements for backporting. See https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UbuntuBackports for more information. ||
+ ||<tablestyle="background-color: #eee"> Thank you for taking the time to report this bug and helping to make Ubuntu better. However, I am closing it because the bug has been fixed in the latest development version of Ubuntu - Oneiric Ocelot. It won't be fixed in previous versions of Ubuntu because the package doesn't fit the requirements for backporting. See https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UbuntuBackports for more information. ||

  == Reported by someone not respecting the Code of Conduct ==