Imported Bug Comments

Philip Muskovac yofel at gmx.net
Sat Sep 25 20:26:46 BST 2010

----- Ursprüngliche Mitteilung -----
> Launchpad has had the ability to display bug comments from upstream bug
> trackers for some time now but it only works with some upstreams.   I
> thought it would be helpful to have a list of the Ubuntu packages in
> Launchpad that are displaying bug comments from upstream bug trackers so
> we can focus on forwarding these package's bugs upstream and adding the
> bug watches.
>
> If you'd like an example of what I am talking about see
> http://launchpad.net/bugs/624386.   Here we can see a wine1.2 (Ubuntu)
> bug task linked to an upstream Wine bug report and the comments from the
> upstream bug tracker appearing in-line.
>
> So if we were to make a list of packages it'd include:
>
> wine1.2
> wine
> thunderbird
> firefox
>
> What else?
>
> I am asking as this is rather hard to determine from Launchpad itself -
> at least as far as I can tell.   You can find bug mail about imported
> comments by looking for mail from "Bug Watch Updater" and with the body
> "Launchpad has imported" some number "comments from the remote bug".
> When I was filtering "Launchpad has imported" returned no false
> positives.
>
> I think posting to the list is a good way to build an initial list, as
> it'll help people learn about the packages, and then we can make a wiki
> page with them.
>
> Thanks!
>
> --
> Brian Murray
> Ubuntu Bug Master

The initial synchronization phase seems to have passed, but I'm still gettin quite a few bugwatcher updates. Is there a way to disable those mails? As I follow upstream reports that I'm interested in directly those mails only fill up my mailbox without having any value to me. And just because I subscribe to an Ubuntu bug doesn't mean I want to have the whole upstream discussion pushed onto me.
It might be a nice feature for most members, but not for me.

Regards,
Philip.