Imported Bug Comments

Brian Murray brian at ubuntu.com
Thu Sep 16 18:05:49 BST 2010

On Thu, Sep 16, 2010 at 09:59:37AM +0200, Ara Pulido wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> On 16/09/10 00:42, Brian Murray wrote:
> > Launchpad has had the ability to display bug comments from upstream bug
> > trackers for some time now but it only works with some upstreams.  I
> > thought it would be helpful to have a list of the Ubuntu packages in
> > Launchpad that are displaying bug comments from upstream bug trackers so
> > we can focus on forwarding these package's bugs upstream and adding the
> > bug watches.
> >
> > If you'd like an example of what I am talking about see
> > http://launchpad.net/bugs/624386.  Here we can see a wine1.2 (Ubuntu)
> > bug task linked to an upstream Wine bug report and the comments from the
> > upstream bug tracker appearing in-line.
> >
> > So if we were to make a list of packages it'd include:
> >
> > wine1.2
> > wine
> > thunderbird
> > firefox
> >
> > What else?
> >
> > I am asking as this is rather hard to determine from Launchpad itself -
> > at least as far as I can tell.  You can find bug mail about imported
> > comments by looking for mail from "Bug Watch Updater" and with the body
> > "Launchpad has imported" some number "comments from the remote bug".
> > When I was filtering "Launchpad has imported" returned no false
> > positives.

I'd normally use the ubuntu-bugs mailing list archive to do this but the
ubuntu-bugs team is not part of, nor should it be, the
launchpad-beta-testers team.  Eventually, this will be sorted out but in
the meantime I could use your help.

> > I think posting to the list is a good way to build an initial list, as
> > it'll help people learn about the packages, and then we can make a wiki
> > page with them.
>
> I think this is a great idea! I would prefer to start writing the wiki
> just know, with the packages that we already know, to avoid losing track
> of this conversation. What do you think?

I've added it into http://wiki.ubuntu.com/Bugs/Watches.

Thanks again,
--
Brian Murray