launchpad +filebug redirect

Mohammed Amine IL Idrissi ilidrissiamine at gmail.com
Wed Sep 1 18:36:46 BST 2010

People who are not interested in reading text already click the link
to file a bug immediately, since there is a link to it in
ReportingBugs. Creating another wiki page would reduce the amount of
text people would have to read, without removing the instructions for
those who want to file good bug reports.
Adding to this, we could tell them to run "ubuntu-bug <package>" where
<package> is found according to Bugs/FindRightPackage, or to run
"ubuntu-bug" if they are not sure, and follow the instructions.

What would be ideal is that the user follow these steps:
1. Run "ubuntu-bug".
2. The current window opens, but with two more options: "Application
problem" and "Specific package problem (advanced)".
2a. Choosing "Application problem" will open a window where you can
drag-and-drop an application from the menu.
2b. Choosing "Specific package problem" will show a text entry where
the user can type the package name.
3. If the user still can't know the specific problem, an alert shows
and warns him that filing a bug without a package is not recommended,
with a checkbox named: "This bug is about an application that needs
packaging".

Thank you,
Mohamed Amine IL Idrissi