launchpad +filebug redirect

Krzysztof Klimonda kklimonda at ubuntu.com
Wed Sep 1 18:23:02 BST 2010

On Wed, 2010-09-01 at 17:13 +0000, Mohammed Amine IL Idrissi wrote:
> Maybe we could redirect them to another wiki page that explains that
> this is not the recommended way to report a bug, and then give them a
> link to file a bug anyway, and a link to ReportingBugs.

But that would defeat the purpose of ReportingBug page as most visitors
wouldn't ever read it but click the link to file a bug immediately.
People who have problems are not interested in reading text, they just
want to get their it fixed. Unfortunately this way they file low quality
reports that make our work harder and most of us are not full-time bug
triagers. We already get more reports we can really deal with (i.e.
triage and fix in stable release) anyway.

Cheers,
 KK