Keeping bugs visible after package change

Marcel Stimberg marcelcoding at googlemail.com
Mon Oct 25 15:40:47 BST 2010

Hi Mike,

> When you want something to still be visible in a certain package such as
> this, I believe the best way is to mark the existing task Invalid for
> evince, and use the "Also affects distro" to open up a "cairo (Ubuntu)"
> task.
that would work, but given Chris' comment I did not do this, but
simply changed the package. Hopefully it should be soon fixed anyway,
until then I'll manually mark the evince bugs as duplicates.

> And since there is an upstream bug, it would then make sense to mark
> that new task as Triaged.
I'd love to do that, but I'm only bugsquad not bugcontrol. For anyone
who can do it: please feel free to do mark the bug as triaged:
https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/cairo/+bug/661724

> As far as the tags go, check out https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Bugs/Tags. In this
> case it sounds like a potential fit: "This bug has a high probability of
> duplicate reports being filed.".
Yes, that's what I thought as well. But how does it work, what does
change when I add this tag? Will it go up in the possible duplicates
list or something?

Thanks for your help,
  Marcel