ncmpcpp

C de-Avillez hggdh2 at ubuntu.com
Wed Oct 20 15:34:06 BST 2010

On Wed, 20 Oct 2010 09:28:17 +0200
Adam Kosík <adam.kosik at atlas.cz> wrote:

> Dear Madam/Sir,
>
> I am using Ubuntu 10.04 and I installed program ncmpcpp 0.4.1. from
> Ubuntu repositories. There's bug described on the page
> http://unkart.ovh.org/ncmpcpp/:
>
> ATTENTION: Feature, that allows you to physically remove directories
> from your disk while being in browser is BROKEN IN ALL VERSIONS <
> 0.5.4 and may, under some random circumstances, cause UNWANTED
> DELETION OF OTHER FILES. It needs to be manually enabled in
> configuration file though, so if you don't use it, you're fine.
> Otherwise you should upgrade to 0.5.4 or higher version immediately.
>
> I used the feature, that can cause UNWANTED DELETION OF OTHER FILES.
> (I read the ATTENTION notice too late.)
>
> It removed about 1/2 of my HOME folder!!!!!
>
> I would like to ask you, if you can remove this program from all
> repositories, where it is included or fix the bug or use another
> version.

Thank you for this information. I have opened bug 663925 [1] about
this, and I hope we will have a position soon.

In the future please report these issues directly to the Ubuntu bug
tracking system [2], using 'ubuntu-bug ncmpcpp' (or whatever is the
affected package).

Again, thank you,

..C..

[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ncmpcpp/+bug/663925
[2] https://bugs.launchpad.net

--
C de-Avillez
IRC: hggdh

This email (and any attachments) is digitally signed using GNUpg
(http://gnupg.org). The public key is available at http://pgp.mit.edu.
The key Id is 0xD3133E56.