[Ubuntu-bugcontrol] Handling bugs from foreign language speakers

y baruss yabruss at gmail.com
Wed Oct 13 15:19:26 BST 2010

Hello,

Because some are talking about possible improvement into Launchpad
bugtracker, I also note that it presents several differences with a "usual"
bugtracker:
* Users that report a bug cannot fill a version field that would help to
sort item relevance (Hardy / Gusty / Lucid ...).
* The same for the platform used (Intel / AMD / Nvidia / ATI ...).
* Also it would certainly help if user could tick computer parts he feels to
be related with its bug: Wireless / USB / Network / Mouse / Keyboard / Audio
/ Video ... (there a drawing can be perfect).

For "other than English" language used for bug reporting discussion I would
say:
* Drawing and icons are international (music also ;o).
* If for many people it is difficult to write into English, for most of them
it as acceptable to read English and to select a multiple choice dialog box.
* A language choice could be proposed to bug reporter and being just
translated later (a sort of pre-New bug state).

Regards.