A way to email bugs like upstream?

Jordon Bedwell jordon at envygeeks.com
Sat Oct 2 00:53:07 BST 2010

Is there a way we can email or submit simple bugs without the need to
use apport and collect? I was hoping that much like the Debian email
alternative using the pseudo headers (Package and Version) to
submit at bugs.debian.org we could submit bugs to Ubuntu... The problem is,
there are two bugs that should not need to do a complete collect and I
would never provide a complete collect on the second bug, the first is
still up in the air.

The first: is for a problem with the way the fglrx package maintainer
patched for backwards compatibility and dpkg says exactly that so I just
need to submit a bug asking him to find a more elegant way to handle
backwards compatibility with older kernels, I would even be willing to
help with that bug if it takes that.

The second: is with a script provided by apache2 (which still doesn't
need a full collect), I've already prepared a patch to fix it on live
servers and would be willing to provide a patch to fix it when it comes
down from upstream, it's also being reported to upstream.