Official Bug Tags

Brian Murray brian at ubuntu.com
Wed Nov 3 21:24:00 GMT 2010

I've recently landed a change in Launchpad that allows members of the
bug supervisor team for a product or distribution to modify the official
bug tags for that object.

For Ubuntu this means that members of ubuntu-bugcontrol can now add and
remove official bug tags.  This is done by clicking the "Edit official
tags" link at https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu.  The official bug tags
are useful because they are suggested when someone is adding a new tag
to a bug report and because they appear first in the list of bug tags on
a bug report.

When managing the tags my thought process has always been that they
should be tags people would add and not ones that are automatically
added.  This is why regression is an official tag and apport-crash is
not.  It also seems to me that the official tags should be usable on
multiple packages.

--
Brian Murray
Ubuntu Bug Master