Set an importance for bug: 657901 please

C de-Avillez hggdh2 at ubuntu.com
Mon Nov 1 14:17:27 GMT 2010

On Mon, 01 Nov 2010 07:59:28 -0500
Jordon Bedwell <jordon at envygeeks.com> wrote:

> Can I please get you guys to set high (or higher) importance for:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/657901
>
> Today I experienced this bug when configuring PV-Grub and kernels on
> several of our new Ubuntu 10.10 virtual machines on a new Xen
> server.  I was pretty intrigued that it even required it. Should
> really be a recommend.

Hello Jordon,

Can I ask why high? Does it cause failure when booting the image? A
High imporance bug is one that [1]

* Has a severe impact on a small portion of Ubuntu users (estimated)
* Makes a default Ubuntu installation generally unusable for some users
  * For example, if the system fails to boot, or X fails to start, on
    a certain make and model of computer
* A problem with an essential hardware component (disk controller,
  laptop built-in wireless, video card, keyboard, mouse)
* Has a moderate impact on a large portion of Ubuntu users (estimated)
* A bug which impacts accessibility of a core application

Thank you,

[1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Bugs/Importance
--
C de-Avillez
IRC: hggdh

This email (and any attachments) is digitally signed using GNUpg
(http://gnupg.org). The public key is available at http://pgp.mit.edu.
The key Id is 0xD3133E56.