BugSquad Meeting Times

Marc Randolph mrand at pobox.com
Tue May 25 19:06:38 BST 2010

On Sun, May 16, 2010 at 10:26 PM, Marc Randolph <mrand at pobox.com> wrote:

>>> I second this idea. Even alternating times by 8 hours every other week
>>> allows more people to attend at least one of the meetings.
>>
>> +1.
>>
>> I think we should consider voting for the times, now...
>
> Let's try a web 2.0 tool for this!  Place your Bug Squad meeting time
> availability on the site below, using UTC, not your local time.
>
> http://www.when2meet.com/?30657-7nGss
>
> I've never used it before, but I assume that we'll be able to glean
> more than one good meeting time. Anyone and everyone is welcome to put
> their times in, but please only do so if you are serious about
> attending the meeting.

Howdy all,

It has been a week now and the results are in... looks like the
overwhelming best time for capturing the most people in a Bug Squad
meeting is 2000 UTC on Wednesday. There were a few people that
indicated that they can't make that time, although at least one of
them is available the proceeding hour.

Considering the surprising response of how many can make it around the
1900-2100 time frame, one path would be to simply try having a single
time and see if people can make adjustments to their schedule to
attend then.  It would be easier to keep track and publicize.  The
other path would be the original one of alternating the time, in which
case, perhaps only the people that absolutely can't attend the ~2000
UTC meeting vote on a time so that we're sure to capture all of them
because it's hard to tell the absolute best second meeting time
(although it looks like noon or 1300 UTC would be likely, and Friday
would be better than Wednesday).  Either way, attendance would be
noticeably lighter (would enough key people be able to attend to make
it worthwhile if it were at 1300?).

Respectfully submitted,

   Marc