Minor wiki cleanup

Sense Hofstede qense at ubuntu.com
Mon May 24 09:22:09 BST 2010

On 24 May 2010 10:06, Draycen DeCator <ddecator at gmail.com> wrote:
> Ian,
>
> Thanks for the input, and I completely agree! After reading through the
> wikis again, it is confusing that only Bug Control members can change the
> status to triaged and set an importance (it's only mentioned here and
> there). I will definitely try to think of a way to integrate an area that
> fully explains how the system is setup. This will help make the wiki cleaner
> as well since there won't be as much of a need to constantly say "get on IRC
> and ask someone to do this for you."
>
> We do have Bug Squad mentors, although the mentorships are not very well
> advertised on the wiki (in my opinion). There are also plans for us to
> improve the mentorship process, so once that is closer to being done I will
> also try to find a way to make the optional mentorship more known. Hopefully
> this will become popular and we can get more Bug Control members to become
> mentors.
>
> Finally, the walkthrough of a bug is a great idea! I know a lot of new
> triagers want this (I know I did when first starting out). I will look into
> creating a page that walks through a typical bug from start to finish so
> triagers can "see" how everything works.
>
> Thanks again for the suggestions, and I welcome more from others!
>
> Dray [ddecator]
>
> On Mon, May 24, 2010 at 2:46 AM, Ian Porter <ian at codingfriends.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Draycen,
>>
>> I would say that the biggest thing for me, was that when I joined the
>> bugsquad team I thought that I would be able to change the status of
>> bugs etc without having to goto the IRC to request someone else to do
>> it, I release it is not good for people to just go ahead.  So I
>> suppose the biggest thing is to point out that it is a step ladder
>> effect as such, you may have joined the bugsquad team but you still
>> need to be held by the hand with requesting the bugs team to alter
>> status on bugs, unless I have miss read things completely ? or things
>> have changed ?
>>
>> I think it would be good to have mentors ( or virtual mentors as such
>> ) to guide through the first bug and advice what is missing etc, or a
>> wiki page going from a bug posted and then advice and examples on what
>> to look for... just my point of view.
>>
>> Regards
>> Ian
>>
>> site: www.codingfriends.com
>>
>> On Sat, May 22, 2010 at 7:56 AM, Draycen DeCator <ddecator at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>> > Hello fellow triagers!
>> >
>> > As part of my involvement with the Ubuntu Beginners Team's Wiki Focus
>> > Group,
>> > I plan to help improve the Bug Squad wiki pages during the annual Summer
>> > of
>> > Documentation.
>> >
>> > I am currently fixing minor issues such as misspelled words, grammar
>> > issues,
>> > etc. The wikis represent our community and are the first contact a lot
> [...]

I'm actually interrupting my work on the wiki page of the Bug Squad's
mentorship programme to write this response; within an hour or so it
should be ready and available from
<https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BugSquad/Mentors>. If you need to change
anything to that page to make it fit in with your planned work on the
wiki pages, you're free to do so.

Thank you for working on the wiki! It is very important work, but
often neglected. It's good that someone has decided to take a look at
its current state
.
Regards,
--