Find the right... package?

Philip Muskovac yofel at gmx.net
Wed May 19 23:15:31 BST 2010

As most of us know we have a wiki page about that.

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Bugs/FindRightPackage

What I'm wondering about is:
Is anyone actually taking care of that page regularily? The fact that I
recently added notify-osd and plymouth to the page seems to say no.
Considering that we reference that page at a lot of places (and not only
on team internal pages) we should get more people to add information to it.
How about having a wiki day/week about a week before Feature/Beta Freeze
to update it for the new release?

Here a few things that I find are missing and I'm not sure what the best
way to add them is / I don't know enough about them to add them:

- general system bootup / grub2 upstart? We only have references for
splash, kernel, xorg and live disk. I'm not sure how much detail would
be right here.
- does it make sense to add something encryption related?
- Mention the indicators?
- drivers? (Or should jockey be a bit more verbose?)

Also I only found the storage symptom being mentioned and I'm sure
others can add more to the list.

Philip.