HugDay Target

Brian Murray brian at ubuntu.com
Mon Mar 1 16:34:55 GMT 2010

On Sat, Feb 27, 2010 at 06:05:04AM -0700, Kyle Law wrote:
> Hi, I am Azenketh(As I am Known in the community)
>
> I enjoy working in and on technology watching anime and spending time
> with my family.
>
> I am glad I found bugcontrol because I finally found a way that I can
> give back to the community.
>
> I would like to organize a HugDay for ubiquity on March 11, 2009. Are
> there any other plans for this day?

If there is nothing on the Hug Day planning page then no there is not.

> I choose ubiquity due to it is the first thing new users run into when
> they are introduced to ubuntu and if that is not working top notch
> then they are not likely to use ubuntu or or worse classify linux
> immediately as a bad solution for their needs.  Ubiquity is currently
> at over 1000 bugs. A lot of help is needed to get this cleaned up.

This sounds great.  It would be a good idea to communicate with Colin
Watson and Evan Dandrea who develop ubiquity.  Both of them can be found
in the #ubuntu-installer channel.

Thanks,
--
Brian Murray                                                 @ubuntu.com