Compiz Fusion Icon

Thomas Alexander virtualtom at gmail.com
Thu Jul 1 18:13:11 BST 2010

Hello There,

I have a puzzling issue, which may be a bug, I don't know.

I am running ubuntu  10.04 on an AMD Quad with 4GB of ram and a 8500 GT
Nvidia card.  Asus MB.

All works fine, no driver issues or crashes to speak of.

I have Compiz-fusion installed with the Compiz-fusion manager installed, so
I've turned on lots of bling like the 3D cube, couple of Screenlets, Cairo
Dock GLX version

I have the Fusion Icon installed and it works with the Dock Applet, opens
Emerald Themes, restarts the Window Manager...  all without issue.

I can not get the icon to appear in the task bar, if I manually run
fusion-icon from the CLI it restarts the Compiz session and things run as
normal, but I can't get the icon...

I'm stumped by this issue.

Any help files I could dig up were unhelpful.

I'd like advice on how to troubleshoot this and (if necessary) what to
provide you guys for bug investigation?

Thanks,

Virtualtom