Help!?

AdeGoodyer adriangoodyer at gmail.com
Sat Jan 30 20:05:11 GMT 2010

Hi,

I'm new to triaging and having particular difficulty with the following
bug. Would it be possible for someone to please have a look at it and
correct me, as I'm not sure I am taking the correct action.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/kubuntu-kde4-meta/+bug/510138

Firstly, I'm not sure if the user is running ubuntu or kubuntu and when
I try to get them to run apport to find out, that fails. If they are
running kubuntu do we even deal with their bugs? Secondly, Ive found a
package to place the bug in but have also had a browse on google and
found what I thought was a separate launchpad for kubuntu bugs?

So in short I guess I need to know the following things;

- Is this a kubuntu bug? If so do we deal with them and if yes, then
what package do I assign it too.

- Is apport not working because of an error above? If not and I've done
everything right then why isn't apport working and how to I go about
making it work.

I'm guessing I'm just being ridiculous and am just missing something
really simple but I am aware I am representing ubuntu and in
particularly the bugsquad so I need to know if I'm doing the right
things and if I'm not then what I should be doing. Many thanks, everyone
keep up the good work!

Ade Goodyer
--
This message was sent from Launchpad by the user
AdeGoodyer (https://launchpad.net/~adriangoodyer)