Nautilus Adoption statistics recording started

Bruno Girin brunogirin at gmail.com
Mon Jan 18 15:34:45 GMT 2010

On Mon, 2010-01-18 at 16:16 +0100, Sense Hofstede wrote:
> Hello,
>
> In order to keep track of your progress properly you need data and old
> data for comparison.
> I've written a small script -- available at
> lp:~qense/+junk/adoptionstats -- that outputs the request
> time in UTC and a dictionary of statuses and the number of bugs in that status.
> You can call the script with the command './adoptionstats -p
> {source_package}'. It uses optparse
> and logging, so you can provide the '-v' option to see debug level messages.
> The script writes directly to stdout, so you can use that if you want
> to set stdout to something
> differently.

Works great, thanks!

> I've already added the first entry to the Nautilus Adoption page[1]
> and am planning to generate
> nice graphs from the the list of data as soon as there is more. Now we
> can see how Nautilus is
> doing and people can see where the most help is needed.
> The closed statuses are also included, but I do plan to make those
> less visible in the graphs to
> outline the fact that they don't need to be focused on anymore.

If the idea is to highlight what areas need to be worked on, is it
possible also filter the number of bugs that need to be forwarded
upstream please?

On the web page, it would also be nice if next to each category, you had
a link to the list of bugs in that category on LP, just to make it
easier to get to them.

Bruno