Making it easier for people to work with upstreams

Bruno Girin brunogirin at gmail.com
Fri Jan 15 00:43:01 GMT 2010

On Thu, 2010-01-14 at 17:58 +0100, Daniel Holbach wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, den 07.01.2010, 14:41 -0500 schrieb Jorge O. Castro:
> > I've started to put together a little "best practices"
> > guide for people who want to do this kind of thing:
> > https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Upstream/Contacts
>
> I just merged this into https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Upstream/Adopt and
> factored in a few people's feedback.
>
> Is this a bit clearer now?

It is yes, just a few comments:

In the last bullet point in the "Bugs" section, the link is not closed
properly.

I would rephrase this sentence: "You should have some experience with
the upstream project, it doesn't help if you're working on something you
barely know." to "You should have some experience with the upstream
project, it really helps if you're working on something you know well."

Bruno