Bugs not reported in English
brian at ubuntu.com
Thu Dec 16 21:42:51 GMT 2010
A bit ago there was a discussion regarding how to handle bug reports
in a foreign, non-English, language. This was discussed in some detail
at UDS for Natty and it was decided that the best way to currently deal
with these bug reports is to convert them into a question in Launchpad.
Converting them to a question allows us to keep the information in the
bug report and specify the language that the question / bug is written
in. The steps for doing this follow:
1) Click "Convert to a question"
2) Add a comment regarding the bug not being reported in English
3) Click "Convert this Bug into a Question"
4) Click the link to the newly created question on the bug report
5) Under Question information click the edit icon next to English
6) Choose the right language (hopefully a word or two looks familiar!)
To make this process easier I'm looking at being able to set the
language in the convert to question page. (Step 2)
Ubuntu Bug Master
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 198 bytes
Desc: Digital signature
Url : https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-bugsquad/attachments/20101216/02f66196/attachment.pgp
More information about the Ubuntu-bugsquad