[Ubuntu Wiki] Update of "Bugs/Status" by cyan-spam

Ubuntu Wiki noreply at ubuntu.com
Fri Aug 27 19:08:11 BST 2010

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Ubuntu Wiki" for change notification.

The following page has been changed by cyan-spam:
http://wiki.ubuntu.com/Bugs/Status?action=diff&rev1=50&rev2=51

The comment on the change is:
converted "Comments" section into FAQs

    * It is most often used for bugs with a release target that will not be fixed in that particular release but may be fixed later
    * It may also be used for feature requests that the developers do not want to implement

- === Comments ===
+ === Frequently Asked Questions ===
+
+ ''If you have a question, please feel free to add it here without an answer. A [[BugSquad]] member will add the answer later.''
+
-   * What should a triager do if the bug's reporter later says the bug no longer exists, and the related changelog is nowhere to be found? NanleyChery
+   * What is the appropriate status if the bug's reporter later says the bug no longer exists but the related changelog does not note a fix?
-    * I believe this is covered by the first case under Invalid.  BrianMurray
-   * What about a case when we (and upstream developers) agree that a report is valid but there is no good solution? For example the current icon isn't a BIG complaint but no one can present a better alternative for it. KrzysztofKlimonda
-    * The bug should remain open (it is a real issue); we might have it as either WishList, or Triaged. [[Hggdh]]
-   * If I'm the bug reporter and I provide more information, should I change the status back to "new" or let it stay at Incomplete? -- [[Diwic]]
-    * you should reset the status to New. [[Hggdh]]
-   * Converting Question to Bug, the reporter of Question, or confirming comments there, can be counted as another person(s), so the new bug can be right away set to Confirmed in such case?
-    * Common sense should prevail. If ''more than one person'' can confirm the issue, then it should be Confirmed. [[Hggdh]]
-   * What if the bug can be confirmed even with the information provided by a bug reported during bug reporting and now the bug reporter and any other affected person cannot provide/is not available for providing further information, due to any reason?
-    * In that case you should mark the bug as Invalid, with a comment to the bug reporter that he could reopen the bug by resetting the bug status to 'New' again ,any time when he can provide us with further information. [[simar]]
+    * See the first point under "Invalid", the bug does not have sufficient information.
+   * What should a triager do if there is consensus ''among users and developers'' that an issue is valid but there is no good solution?
+    * Keep the bug open with a status of "Wishlist" or "Traiged", depending on the severity.
+   * Should the bug reporter reset the bug status to "New" if providing more information to an "Incomplete" bug?
+    * Yes.
+   * When converting a question to a bug, can the bug status immediately be set to "Confirmed" if comments in the question indicate that multiple users experience the bug?
+    * Make a judgment call: as long as ''more than one person'' experiences the bug, the proper status is "Confirmed".
+   * What should a triager do if a bug needs more information but the original reporter is not available to provide it?
+    * Mark the bug as Invalid with a comment that the reporter could provide the information and reopen the bug by resetting its status to 'New'.
+

  ----
  CategoryBugSquad