bug issues

Brian Murray brian at ubuntu.com
Wed Apr 28 16:37:42 BST 2010

On Tue, Apr 27, 2010 at 05:17:42PM -0700, Alex Roeber wrote:
> Brian again thank you for your support:
> From the system:
> 		@brweb1:/etc# apt-cache show update-motd
> 		W: Unable to locate package update-motd
> 		E: No packages found
>
> 		@brweb1:/etc# man update-motd
> 		No manual entry for update-motd
> So as I have said it look like the system is not installed but is
> running.
> It is still changing my MOTD, listing how many packages need to
> upgraded.

I believe I said that update-motd was "superceded by pam_motd in
libpam-modules".  The right way forward would be:

apt-cache policy libpam-modules

This will show you whether or not the package is installed.  In the
event that it isn't something is rather wrong with your system.

> 3) GPG and email is very do able for me, and very acceptable.

You might be interested in following http://launchpad.net/bugs/565004
then.

--
Brian Murray