Unknown BIOS version on boot

Brian Murray brian at ubuntu.com
Tue Oct 13 18:45:22 BST 2009

On Mon, Oct 12, 2009 at 01:18:10AM -0300, Gustavo Santos wrote:
> Hello there,
>
> I've just installed the beta version of the new Ubuntu 9.10, and I'm getting
> an error on every boot, so I thought it would be helpful to report it since
> you guys haven't released the newest version yet:
>
> "acerhdf: unknown (unsupported) BIOS version Gateway/MT3707 / 83.07"

This bug has already been reported and can be found in Launchpad, which
Ubuntu uses for its bug tracker, at http://launchpad.net/bugs/435958.
It seems to be Fix Released so I would update your kernel and see if you
are still seeing that message.

--
Brian Murray                                                 @ubuntu.com