Reporting Gstreamer bugs upstream

Pedro Villavicencio Garrido pedro at ubuntu.com
Mon Nov 30 11:50:20 GMT 2009

Hello,

On Sun, 2009-11-29 at 16:54 -0500, komputes wrote:
> Fellow exterminators,
>
> I have been looking to find answers and squash unresolved media codec
> bugs in gstreamer/totem for the next LTS. There are still many video
> codecs that are not viewable, making the ubuntu experience to the
> average user less than perfect.
>
> With my spray-can in one hand, I need some help indicating me where to
> spray. Currently there seems to be many places to report gstreamer bugs,
> but no definate source where I am certain that the developers will be
> able to read and answer promptly. We are not helping ourselves since our
> documentation on the wiki ( https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Bugs/Upstream ) does
> not clarify how/where to report gstreamer issues upstream.
>
> The site says: gstreamer: This product is ONLY for account requests for
> GStreamer. Any bug report on GStreamer should go to
> http://bugzilla.gnome.org/ Streaming Multimedia framework.

That is the correct BTS for Gstreamer: http://bugzilla.gnome.org under
the Gstreamer product there.

> To confuse people even more, Launchpad has
> https://core.fluendo.com/gstreamer/trac/ registered as the upstream for
> Gstreamer bugs. So I decided to start a thead on the mailing list that
> will hopefully clear this up and will end in writing up proper
> documentation for this process.

That's likely to be a lp issue, people can go ahead and change the
upstream BTS and they don't need an special right to do that, I've
encounter same issue from time to time with a few Gnome packages. IIRC
we talked with some lp folks about that but the solution is not easy and
for now you can just change it back to the right one...

> If anyone would like to assist me and confirm/triage some bugs, here are
> the current bug numbers for codec issues:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/418984
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/488948
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/490084

The upstream maintainers replied to those bugs, could you reflect the
same status on Launchpad? Thanks!.

Have a nice day,

pedro.