Announcing the Next Ubuntu Bug Day! - Thursday 12th November 2009

Joe Berry jberry at topshot.com
Thu Nov 12 00:08:41 GMT 2009

Hello Pedro,

I just joined the BugSquad a couple of days ago and am still trying to
get myself properly oriented. I don't want to incorrectly respond to
problems do to my lack of understanding of how things work.  So I would
like to ask a couple of questions about specific bugs and get your take
on my comments.

Under "50 New Bugs", bug # 460161, it seems to me that this is not a bug
but rather an enhancement request, one which might even be argued about.
Similarly, regarding bug # 452642, this is an enhancement request.
Actually, it's a rather good one -- I am familiar with the problem.

Is there a category for enhancements or are they lumped together as
bugs?  How should "bugs" like these be dealt with?

Again, I would appreciate somebody's input to my questions. While I have
lots of experience with computers (I'm a software developer by
profession), working on community projects is new to me.

Joe

--
Joe Berry
Baltimore, MD