Inconsistent Wiki Pages

Brian Murray brian at ubuntu.com
Wed Nov 4 21:04:17 GMT 2009

On Wed, Oct 28, 2009 at 03:34:02PM -0600, Jonathan Gossage wrote:
> I have recently been going through the various sources of documentation
> about the Ubuntu development process and have come to the conclusion that
> the best way for me to help would be, initially, to join the Bug Squad.
> During this exercise, I looked at the Wiki pages and found a couple of
> inconsistencies between two of them.
>
> Specifically, the page
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BugSquad/GettingInvolvedstates that the first
> thing that one needs to do is to sign the code of
> conduct. On the other hand, the page
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BugSquadcontains no reference to a requirement
> to sign the code of conduct. This
> should be resolved to reflect your current policy.

Signing the code of conduct is the current policy.

> The second inconsistency is that the page
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BugSquadcontains a link to actually join the
> Bug Squad while the page
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BugSquad/GettingInvolved only says that you are
> welcome to join but provides no link.

I think having the link to join the Bug Squad makes sense.

> There is a considerable amount of duplication between these two pages and it
> might pay to consider consolidating the common information into a single
> page so as to minimize the chance of information getting out of
> synchronization in the future.

The intent of the Bug Squad page was to present information about the
team itself, so I think the parts about joining could all point at
GettingInvolved.  Then maybe the Bug Squad page could have a
communication table listing the irc channel and the mailing list.

Thanks for bringing this up!

--
Brian Murray                                                 @ubuntu.com