Monthly BugSquad Meeting - 12th May, 2009 16.00 UTC

Andrew a.starr.b at gmail.com
Thu May 7 21:18:24 BST 2009

On Thu, May 7, 2009 at 11:22 AM, Andrés Mauricio Mujica Zalamea
<andres.mujica at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> Everyone is invited to join us and discuss how we can improve our Team and
> actions!!!
>
> The proposed Agenda is at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BugSquad/Meeting
>
> Don't hesitate in add the topics you consider should be there

One thing that we should be aware of going forward are some
discussions on in the Desktop Team. From the minutes of their last
meeting:

== Triaging versus Bug Fixing/Closing in Karmic ==
 * Discussion about doing the right amount of bug fixing versus bug
triaging versus other work.
 * rickspencer3 encouraged that the team to think "bold" about how to
address this in Karmic, discussion ensued.
 * rickspencer3 will schedule a UDS sessions to discuss.

Full meeting log is here: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DesktopTeam/Meeting/2009-05-05

The discussion of this point begins at 17:50

The main point is that they are concerned with the fact that that
Desktop Team developers have to spend more time than they should on
bug triaging rather than fixing. As they discuss options to deal with
this problem, the Bug Squad / QA Team should share their experience
and advise. Time to break down some of the developer/triager
boundaries and work together...

- Andrew Starr-Bochicchio