Bugs Reported Against a PPA

Brian Murray brian at ubuntu.com
Fri Mar 6 22:16:03 GMT 2009

On Fri, Mar 06, 2009 at 03:36:45PM -0500, Andres Mujica wrote:

> > But I really think the Malone folks should be involved here. I am also
> > unaware of an easy way to search on packages provided by PPAs.
>

> https://edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+ppas
> http://ppa-search.appspot.com/

Briefly looking at both of these and the Launchpad API there doesn't
seem to be a way to get from something like "kdebase-workspace-bin
4:4.2.0-0ubuntu1~intrepid1~ppa7"[1] to the owner of the PPA.  This is
really unfortunate as it doesn't provide us a way to contact the person
who would be most interested in the bug report.

[1] http://launchpad.net/bugs/330351

--
Brian Murray                                                 @ubuntu.com