A couple of changes to note

Mackenzie Morgan macoafi at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 22:11:49 GMT 2009

I just made some changes[1] to the Bugs/Responses wiki page after talking to
Brian Murray.

Before it said that after 4 weeks of being Incomplete without response, we
could invalidate bugs which may actually be completely valid (but we don't
have enough info).  4 weeks is long enough for the request-for-info email to
stop being on the first page of webmail, and long enough to slip the reporter's
mind, but it's not really long enough to constitute abandonment.  For this
reason, I suggested we make sending reminder comments a more official thing (I
know some triagers do this already).  If you find a bug with no response after
4+ weeks, please remind the reporter that we're waiting.  If, two weeks after
the reminder, they still do not respond, then it can be closed ("can", not
"must").

The other change I added (didn't talk to Brian about this, but it's not a
policy change) is just a hint for triaging.  If you install devscripts (that's
the package name), you can run "rmadison <package>" to see what versions of a
package exist in every released version of Ubuntu ("rmadison -uqa <package>"
checks Debian).  Compare the version with the one against which the bug was
reported.  Is it the same?  If so, there's no need to ask if the bug has fixed
itself.  If not, check the changelog and see if the issue was specifically
addressed (in which case: Fix Released).

[1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Bugs/Responses?action=diff&rev2=231&rev1=228
--
Mackenzie Morgan
apt-get moo