Bug #326896 and other duplicates

Tim M tim at filmchicago.org
Mon Jun 8 20:38:10 BST 2009

Hello,

I have found several duplicates of 'no sound' alsa-driver/linux bugs in the
tracker for HP dvX model laptops (dv4, 5, 7).  I have an HP dv7 model laptop
myself and have the same issue.  Anyways, I marked a couple of bugs as
duplicates of #326896 but I also found today an article in the community
docs (
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/SoundTroubleshooting?action=show&redirect=DebuggingSoundProblems)
stating this as a known issue with HP dvx laptops that has been fixed
upstream.  I haven't been able to locate the upstream patch, but then again
I'm not exactly sure where to look to find it.

What should I do with the open bug(s) assuming this is fixed upstream
already?

Thanks,
-Tim