Transition-Regression Tag

Brian Curtis briancurtis.wx at gmail.com
Tue Jun 2 03:10:10 BST 2009

Charlie,

Thanks for your reply.  I brought it up here for this reason.  I
didn't get much reply in the IRC channel as to which wording would be
best for this tag.

The idea behind the tag was specifically one that marks bugs that
mention possible problems users will have in their transition from
rhythmbox to banshee.  For example, items that rhythmbox has that
banshee doesn't that devs can work on putting into banshee if they
decide they want it in there.

As far as which wording for the tag would be best is really something
I'm not great at deciding, and discussion on that is what I was trying
to obtain through this e-mail.

I hope this answers your question.

~Brian Curtis

On Mon, Jun 1, 2009 at 10:00 PM, Charlie Kravetz
<cjk at teamcharliesangels.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 1 Jun 2009 21:44:48 -0400
> Brian Curtis <briancurtis.wx at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Upon discussions with mrooney about potential regressions due to
>> programs (like empathy and banshee) being transitioned to default.
>> There is a new tag, which is also listed in
>> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Bugs/Tags called "transition-regression" that
>> is meant to mark bugs that may need to be addressed so users can make
>> an easy transition from one default to another.
>>
>> An example of such a bug is
>> https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/banshee/+bug/235529
>>
>> Discussion?
>>
>> ~Brian Curtis
>>

> Maybe it is me, but could you explain a little as to what this actually
> means. I believe transition = "changing", and regression = "worked
> before but is now broken". How does that apply to the referenced bug,
> where it does not appear it ever worked?
>

> --
> Charlie Kravetz
> Linux Registered User Number 425914          [http://counter.li.org/]
> Never let anyone steal your DREAM.           [http://keepingdreams.com]

--Wernher Von Braun
"The second law of thermodynamics: If you think things are in a mess
now, JUST WAIT!!"