Need help and guidance

C de-Avillez hggdh2 at ubuntu.com
Thu Jul 30 01:25:14 BST 2009

On Wed, 2009-07-15 at 14:40 +0000, Goutham wrote:
> hi
>         This is goutham from Hyderabad,India.I joined ubuntu recently
> and i wanted to work for bugSquard can  u please help me regarding what
> i should do and how.waiting for your help
Hello Goutham,

Thank you for your willingness to help. We appreciate it.

Please read http://wiki.ubuntu.com/HelpingWithBugs to start. We are
always at the IRC channel #ubuntu-bugs, on irc.ubuntu.com. Please use
this channel to ask any questions you may have, and I am sure someone
will answer you.

Basically, the BugSquad perform the triaging of open bug reports. We use
https://launchpad.net/ubuntu to look for (mostly) New/Incomplete bugs,
and we try to verify that the issue is correctly explained, and all
needed documentation is gathered. This usually involves asking the
reporter to explain and/or provide additional information about the
issue. We do not expect a triager to be knowledgeable about all possible
issues, so please select the bugs you feel yourself more comfortable
with -- or even less unconfortable ;-) -- to work on. The link above is
the start point for helping with the triage work.

Again, thank you for helping, and please do not hesitate to ask your
questions on the IRC channel.

Best regards,

..C..