baycom driver

Libra RHR rhr1979 at everymail.net
Fri Jan 16 18:34:47 GMT 2009

Hello,

well, I am not sure whether this is the problem.
Since days I am trying to set up a Baycom serial 1k2 modem. It receives
perfectly, the transmission sounds ok. But no station can "read" my packets
- they are simply ignored by the node, obviously they are trash.

I looked around by Google and found out that there was a problem with the
checksum on sending a packet. Has this been updated in the meanwhile?

The equipment I use is intact, because I tried with a DOS laptop that
connected to the node immediately. By the way, the DOS laptop cannot read
the transmitted packets either.

This bug concerns the drivers baycom_ser_fdx and baycom_ser_hdx in Ubuntu
8.04 LTS (all updates have been done).

thanks in advance.
Robert