Please drop the please... please?

Brian Murray brian at ubuntu.com
Fri Feb 27 16:21:40 GMT 2009

On Fri, Feb 27, 2009 at 03:32:39PM +0100, Savvas Radevic wrote:
> > Well... I was against it, since when we open a (say) sync or merge
> > *request* we are asking somebody else to do something that we either
> > cannot do, or do not have the time, or whatever. So, politeness is
> > absolutely required (as it always should be, BTW).
>
> Then why is a needs-packaging request filed as "[needs-packaging]
> program-here"? :)

This allows them to be visually distinguishable, from other bug reports
without a package, when you look at a bug list in Launchpad.  If
"Please" were dropped from "sync request" you'd still have "sync" which
is not the case with '[needs-packaging]' gpicsync'.

--
Brian Murray                                                 @ubuntu.com