Greasemonkey Stock Replies Update

Mike Rooney mrooney at gmail.com
Wed Feb 25 18:17:50 GMT 2009

On Tue, Feb 24, 2009 at 2:27 PM, Brian Murray <brian at ubuntu.com> wrote:

> I blogged[0] about this the other day but think it is useful enough that
> an e-mail is in order too.
>
> Kees and I have updated the Launchpad Greasemonkey standard reply
> script[1] so that common standard replies are pulled in from a central
> location[2] on a regular basis.
>
> I've added the majority of the responses from the wiki[3], however if
> your favorite one is missing file a bug about the Launchpad Greasemonkey
> Scripts project[4] and I'll get it added.
>
> I hope this makes triaging bugs a bit easier!

Thanks, this is an excellent usability improvement!

Two questions:

 - Is there any plan to consolidate a lot of the popular scripts (such as
this, karma, button tags, patches) into an extension which could be
installed via a package, and included in qa-tools or something? Having
multiple computers, and fresh installs of release+1 alphas/betas and such,
often means I forget to install these or have them out of sync with the
latest in VC.

 - It would be neat to have variables such as %n that would automatically
change to the persons LP username, to create more personal messages so they
don't seem so impersonal. I change all my messages to include the persons
name but having this included could be cool as well. Does anyone else do
this?

And, and a third question :) If I change a message, will it get overwritten
on the next XML update?

--
Michael Rooney
mrooney at gmail.com