After the Global Bug Jam

Greg Grossmeier greg.grossmeier at gmail.com
Mon Feb 23 20:16:17 GMT 2009

On Mon, Feb 23, 2009 at 12:19 PM, Jim Campbell <jwcampbell at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> As for suggestions, the five-a-day and bug squad wiki pages are good
> info resources, but it would be great to have a one-page bug-link
> cheat sheet, too.  Our bug jam brought out a bunch of people who had
> never triaged bugs before, and we had a lot of quick questions that
> are answered on the wiki, but it can take time to track them down if
> you aren't familiar with the bug team wiki pages.  (I'm not faulting
> the layout of the bug team wiki pages, it's just that there's a lot of
> content out there).  We put together a *very* spare bugs link page on
> the Chicago Team wiki ( https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ChicagoTeam/Links -
> it's, um, very spare . . . ), but having a comprehensive one-pager
> could help us work through things more quickly as we scurry to fix
> bugs.

I like that idea.  Kinda like the playbooks we have for packaging and
5-a-day now.  The one for 5-a-day currently doesn't have specific
instructions on how to sign up/report your bugs/etc which means that
A) it is still ok to use and B) isn't really something we can hand out
to get people started easily.

Maybe we could write something up in a similar fashion for specific
instructions.  Have it use the same kind of logos/format so it looks
really nice when printed in color.  We (Michigan) handed these out at
our event at Penguicon last year for the packaging jam and they were a
big hit!

greg