New tool for opening upstream tasks

Mike Rooney mrooney at gmail.com
Wed Feb 18 22:01:02 GMT 2009

On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 12:51 PM, Jorge O. Castro <jorge at ubuntu.com> wrote:

> c) Some people have told me that with their specific projects the
> default action should be to open a blank upstream task and have
> declining that be the option instead of the way it is now. I am
> interested in feedback on this. So please try this, kick the tires,
> and start opening blank upstream tasks, especially those of you with
> terrible upstream linkage percentages. As the numbers of open tasks
> grow we can then help focus triaging efforts on those to get those
> bugs filed upstream and linked.

This would be very useful I think. Launchpad already allows you to link an
Ubuntu package to an upstream one, so it would be nice if, as the
owner/maintainer of the associated upstream, I could tell Launchpad to
automatically mark the task as affecting upstream as well and let me
invalidate them as appropriate. Especially for packages with minor or
non-existent differences from upstream (or upstream projects which
explicitly support Ubuntu, which seem to be growing in number), it is likely
the bug is an upstream issue.

--
Michael Rooney
mrooney at gmail.com