Jaunty's new features testing day!

Ara Pulido ara at ubuntu.com
Wed Feb 18 08:38:17 GMT 2009

Hey all!

We are pleased to announce the next Ubuntu Testing Day that will be next
Monday, February 22nd.

This time we are going to test new features in the next Ubuntu release
(Jaunty Jackalope, future 9.04). This Thursday we are reaching Feature
Freeze, meaning that all the new features, new software and all the new
things that are not bug fixes should be in the archive that day.

We are going to test three new features, depending on the flavor you're
testing. This is all new stuff, so it can be fun to play around finding
bugs nobody else have found before! If you don't want to upgrade to
Jaunty yet, you can install it in a virtual machine and test from there.

New features to be tested:
 * Screen Profiles
 * New UNR USB images
 * Improved Guided LVM partitioner

Bookmark it, add it to your calendars, turn over those egg-timers!
 * 22nd of February, 2009
 * https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Testing/UbuntuTestingDay/20090222

Who can join the Testing Day?
Everyone. You don't need to be a developer. You don't need to know how
to code. Everyone is welcome. If you don't know how to help, then just
stop on by and we'll explain everything to you. In fact, one of the
objectives of the Testing Day is to help people willing to start testing
Ubuntu to make it better.

Where to join the Testing Day?
Come to #ubuntu-testing on freenode IRC. We will be there day and night
resolving your testing questions you might have. Normal testing activity
takes place in #ubuntu-testing at other times also.

Please, join us next Monday and help to make Ubuntu even better!

Cheers,
Ara.