New version of hugday tools!

markus korn thekorn at gmx.de
Mon Feb 2 08:48:36 GMT 2009

Hello Hug-Day lovers!
I spend some time during the last week to completely rewrite the
hugday tool [1]. You can use this commandline  tool to
 * get a list of ubuntu hugdays
 * get a list of tasks for a hugday
 * mark tasks as DONE

If you would like to use this tool or start hacking on the tool you
can get it from my PPA at [2] or get the branch from lp:hugday-tools.

How to use this tool?
* get url of latest hugday:
    $ hugday current
* get list of all task for current hugday:
    $ hugday list
    $ hugday list --filter open  (get list of all open tasks)
So far the hugday tool did not change any content of a wiki page, to
be able to do so, the tool needs the users MOIN ID, run
    $ hugday init --user USERNAME --cookie PATH/TO/MOZILLA/COOKIE
Where USERNAME is the name which will be shown in the 'triager' column
after marking a task as DONE and COOKIE is the cookie.sql or
cookie.txt of your mozilla browser profile. If you are not using a
mozilla based browser you can also search for the MOIN_ID or
MOIN_SESSION in the cookie file of your browser and run
    $ hugday init --user USERNAME --wiki-id (MOIN_ID or MOIN_SESSION)
Now marking tasks as DONE by you is as simple as running:
    $ hugday close 123456 23456 3456 456
For more information see hugday --help, read the README or just ask me ;)

I hope this tool helps and makes participating on ubuntu hugdays even more fun!
For ideas, patches, bugs etc. please use the bug tracker at [1]

Markus

[1] https://edge.launchpad.net/hugday-tools
[2] https://edge.launchpad.net/~thekorn/+archive/ppa