Triage "Updated Version" bugs?

Paul Gevers paul at climbing.nl
Wed Apr 29 08:49:11 BST 2009

> I would ask in IRC but it seems everyone AFK at the moment. :) I am new
> to the BugSquad and still learning the triage process. I am curious how
> bugs asking for an updated package are handled, as they are not
> referenced in any of the guides I have found. An example I would
> currently be working on is at
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/opencascade/+bug/369045 -
> Obviously something the description could be brightened up, but how
> would it be marked farther and commented?

One of the things to do is look where Debian stands in such a case. Here
Debian has a newer version, so you could look into the differences
between the Ubuntu and Debian version and convert this bug into a merge
request of sync request depending on what you find.

You could in this case consult [1].

Paul

[1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuDevelopment/Merging