The Definition of Fix Committed

Mike Rooney mrooney at gmail.com
Mon Sep 29 22:15:17 BST 2008

On Mon, Sep 29, 2008 at 2:51 PM, Greg Grossmeier
<greg.grossmeier at gmail.com> wrote:
> To fix this problem the bug list for a package could include a column or
> some graphical indicator that an upstream task is marked as Fix
> Committed/Released.  To keep some of the cleanness of Launchpad this may
> be a separate bug list instead of complicating the normal bug list.

I didn't see any mention of the "Triaged" status which I think could
be a good hint. I always read a bug status with an upstream link and
"Triaged" status as saying "see upstream status", otherwise, the
Ubuntu status is the one to be concerned with. So, if you have a
Triaged Ubuntu bug with an upstream link, you can look at the upstream
status as an indicator of progress. In this way, Launchpad might be
able to be a little smarter in knowing which status you are typically
going to be concerned with. Just a thought.

Mike Rooney
mrooney at gmail.com