calling for hugday targets

Mackenzie Morgan macoafi at gmail.com
Mon Sep 15 17:58:55 BST 2008

On Mon, 2008-09-15 at 12:33 -0400, Greg Grossmeier wrote:
> Mackenzie Morgan wrote:
> > Could we do a usability hug day?  Work on confirming and marking
> > importance (well, for Bug Control folks...) of different usability bugs?
> > They're often bitesize bugs, but they have an impact, so tagging them as
> > bitesize when they are could also help since it tells people just
> > starting to help out where to look.
> >

> I'm all for a usability hug day.  It looks like there are currently 45
> bugs tagged with the "usability" tag[0].  Many of them look triaged (I'm
> not sure about the addition of a bitesize tag though, didn't look
> through them).
>
> I have no clue how to find more usability-related bugs without skimming
> every bug report.  Thoughts on that?

Keyword searches for font, text, window, size, accelerator...those
should bring up some.

New, undecided, searching for window size
http://tinyurl.com/5fkbn7
Obviously not all of them, but you can see some come up for window
resizing, text sizes, maximizing...

I don't think there's a search that'll bring up just un-triaged
usability bugs, but we can at least narrow the scope from "look at all
bugs to find usability ones" to ones that have keywords pointing that
way.

I didn't know there was a usability tag.  Is there a complete list of
tags somewhere?

--
Mackenzie Morgan
apt-get moo